Saturday 12 November 2011

Pockets

Shimelle has posted about the joy of pockets in your Christmas journal, and I couldn't agree more!

I am a pocket junky. I love bits that come out and unfold and then slot back in (The Jolly Postman is my absolute favourite children's book because of this). I've made  five for my journal so far, but it may end up that pretty much every page has some sort of pull-out element.



This one is my favourite. It's a 12x12 bracket sheet cut into quarters and stitched together. A card or tag fits in the middle.


The ornament and Santa stamps are Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous.



I love this one too. A tag slots in behind Santa (a detail cut from Paperartsy paper). That tinsel's a bit wonky. Have to go back & fix that.



This one has a vertical pocket, that something will slide in behind (not the paper shown below, but you get the idea).


Finally, this is a 6x6 page protector, stitched down the middle to create two deep pockets. I've cut a single sheet of 6x6 in half and attempted to stamp a similar pattern on the plain back. It'll mostly be covered in journalling or by a photo anyway.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! And I thought I liked pockets, lol ... some really great ideas you have!

blueberry hill said...

Fantastic - you are the Pocket Queen!

Kerryn said...

you've got some lovely stuff there!! I'm considering doing the "journal your Christmas" this year, so I will remember the "pockets" !

(I have some candy on my blog if you are interested?)xx