Friday 7 August 2020

Bokehful!


I've been messing around with masks today. At £2.75 for the two, the star & heart decorative masks are ridiculously affordable.



I accidentally found a way to create an effect similar to Bokeh, in photography. Bokeh is "...the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens". (Wikipedia).

 If you know your way around a camera you can create the effect yourself. But I take most of my photos on my iPhone, so I just use an app, bokeful, to add the effect in. I've used it round the edges of the photo above.

You create the effect by applying ink lightly through the mask, then going back in in certain areas with a heavy application. I used Real Red, Crisp Cantaloupe and Bermuda Bay. 

It's quick, & makes a really pretty background for a card. 







No comments: