Sunday 4 October 2020

A reminder to myself...

 


I’ve had this fine, floaty lady in my stencil stash for a while & finally got to give her an outing. 

I collaged lots of papers & washi tape for the first layer, then stamped & daubed acrylic paint. Over the top, I scraped several colours of Izink Ice, a translucent gel.


I scratched into the top layer of Ice while it was still wet. It gives great texture to your work, & the colours glow like an Instagram filter! 

One dry, I stencilled my lady a few times using a Stabilo All Pencil. I went over the outline using a Dina Wakley Scribble stick, which I wet a little to thicken the line.


I finished off scribbling some highlights with a white gel pen & collating some words from a Dina Wakley tissue collection. 

I love the dark & grungy feel, it’s so rich & intense!

No comments: