Wednesday 11 July 2007


Daring Cardmakers - Little Extra

"We've another Retro challenge for this week's Little Extra.This time we'd like you to find your inspiration in the 1960s. "

Finally! A project that suits my DCWV retro paper pack! I originally made a really neat tv set, complete with deelly bobber aerial, from some other paper in this pack. But I want to send this card to someone, and I thought sticking a tv on the front of it might send out the wrong message. Sort of, "Happy Birthday, saddo. Bet you'll be at home watching tv again tonight, won't you?" So I pulled it off before it had stuck properly and cut out the present instead. Not quite such a fun card, but at least I won't be fretting about causing offence.

The font is Fontdinerdotcom from Font Diner.

12 comments:

Lythan said...

I love this card. The tv would look good - but the pressie does too!

Birdbrain said...

Oh my! My mother had a set of dishes with those squares! Neat!

Paula Whittaker said...

ooo my likey - Love the papers!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, love that paper, it really has that 60's look.

stamp and scrape said...

Your retro shapes for the greetings and present are so good with the paper. Really groovy card!
Ros

Kathy said...

Great card.
You've done really well with those papers - I've never managed to do anything with them! You've inspired me to have another look at them

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, I have those papers too & never know what to do with them. very nice Sam :)
Jackie xx

Kate said...

I did laugh at your unintended message. I could send one of those to my mum. She love it - she infinitely prefers the company of the Woolpack regulars to me and mine! Loving that font as well. Off looking...

mum-on-the-run said...

Fab card Sam!

Papers look great,I hadn't a clue what to do with the square ones

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love this design - so very pleasing to the eye.

Gillian said...

I'm late at comment on this cool card Sam, just want to let you know it ROCKS!!!! those papers are just PERFECT!

Maureen said...

Ooohhhh....love this. Well done indeed.