Tuesday 17 July 2007

I made this notebook as an end of year gift for my son's teacher. It's a basic metal bound notebook from Partners (make sure you get one with round holes if you're going to do this as it's easier to re- punch them after you've covered the covers), pulled apart, covered with a few Basic Grey bits (Scarlet's Letter papers and chipboard letters), a bit of inking here, stamping there and generally scuffing up a bit. The letters were inked and then covered in Glossy Accents crackle glaze.

The inside covers both have pockets. I'm going to make a couple of tags and put photos of my son on them with a few words from him. I've also stamped a few random pages.



Trouble is... I really like it. And I don't really like the teacher I made it for. Plus, if you think about it, teachers these days are quite well paid enough for the job they do and they have terrific holiday benefits. What payment do I get for being his mum, hm? Tell me that! When do I have a holiday from being his mum?

So really, when you think about it, it would be perfectly right and fair if I just nipped down to Bargain Booze for something for his teacher, and kept this as a little gift for me, just for being so special and lovely...

12 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

LOL Sam, know what you mean!! I'm having palpitations at all the ribbon you've used!!

mum-on-the-run said...

Forgot to say (I got distracted by the ribbons) the book's completely gorgeous!! Can understand why you don't want to part with it!!

Kate said...

Yes, or give it to me!! Are those Autumn Leaves stamps I see? I always used to buy teachers I didn't like a candle set from Rajani's in Bristol (a kind of wholesale shop). I am making motivational quotes teeny books for Lexie's teachers and helpers, and I like them (posting pics soon), so don't feel bad, send in biscuits! We can never reward ourselves enough!!

Paula Whittaker said...

Gorgeous!!

emilia in Taiwan said...

Keep it! Keep it! Keep it! Keep it!

They are well paid all over the world :)...and I won't let this adorable notebook go...

Melanie said...

this is really lovely

Anonymous said...

you should keep it hon! Its gorgeous! I couldn't bear to give it away either!
Becky
xx

Anonymous said...

I really love this, the ribbons down the side look totally scrummy and the colours are yum too!
Beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by my blog too,
Melx

Anne said...

Fabulous!!! this is my first visit to your blog and it's so inspiring! Loving your work! this book is just wonderful - I'd have to keep it if I'd made it!

So Sonya said...

wow I am LOVING that book

Michele Kovack said...

You are cracking me up over here in the US!!! (OF course I AM a teacher and would love if a student gave this to me...but I agree that we have the best job, great benefits...) I say keep it and get something else for the teacher, especially since you don't really like her! Your son is adorable as a bee!

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

wow that's a stunning book and if it was me I couldn't part with it!

Handy tips there as I'm making a book too so thank you!