Friday 6 July 2007

Wednesday Stamper - BUTTONS are the new challenge for the next 2 weeks! Got some favorite buttons you’ve been wanting to use or a new idea to use them? One button is just fine as well and it doesn’t matter whether you use a store, homemade or stamped button.

I decided to go bright and funky in defiance of the miserable July weather. The flower stamps are by a huge Making Memories foam set - fab value you get 25 -30 for around £10. The stalk is from a Francois Reed Woodware set. I find them a bit tricky to use, they don't give a very sharp impression.

The stitching was done using one of those Cutterbee pricking thingies I got yesterday. Have to say, I am not impressed. They failed to prick through the thin cardstock I used, opting instead for a half-hearted dent . I had to go back over the area punching through with a needle before I could start sewing. V. poor.

15 comments:

Cora said...

Great work. I love all the details and the fun colors.

Maggie Ann said...

You did go bright and funky...in all this overcast weather..love that embossed backgound paper especially.

Kate said...

I'm disappointed about your buggy thingies. They looked such fun. I hate when they sell you things like that (rotters!).I thought you'd sewn the stem with a zigzag stitch on your sewing machine.

Vintage Papers said...

lovely work!

Karen Owen said...

This is such a cheerful, happy card. Beautiful!

Ursula Shaw said...

Love all the different layers!

Viola said...

Lovely piece!

Debbi Baker said...

Nice and funky! Pity about the Cutterbee - they sounded like fun. Not much use if you can only use them on paper.

Alhambra Club said...

This card is great, love the bright colors

Emma said...

Lovely card, very bright and cheerful unlike the weather! love the stitching :o)

emilia in Taiwan said...

This card is very impressive ! The layer and the button ~ just perfect!

Anonymous said...

I love the fun colors !

Casa Ottman said...

Great, fun and lovely!
/Helena

Apollox said...

This is not my way to make cards, but like your style, looks so fine!

Anonymous said...

Looks funny, makes me happy :-)