Wednesday 17 December 2008

Journal Your Christmas

This time last week I was not so much on top of Christmas as had it pinned firmly up against the wall with its arm up its back, shouting "Christmas, you slaaaag!" Then sometime between me going back to work and Joe breaking his arm everything started to slide. I have yet to write a Christmas card, I'm still loads of presents short, and keeping up with JYC has gone out the window.

I had a catch up session last night and managed to pull back a few days, but they were all done at the gallop and under the influence so they are a bit skew whiff (and in one case a bit weird!). But I have to keep at it - if I fall too far behind I am doomed!!


Here is my fake tree. Sadly we have not yet bonded.



My 8 year old writing his annual list of demands. I'm not sure he truly believes in Father Christmas any more, or whether he's simply hedging his bets, but he insisted in writing a letter again this year. He also put a return address at the bottom, so that he could have it back to "check-off what he receives". Presumably he's planning a letter of complaint if he doesn't get everything on there then.




Small child attacking a pile of presents last year.

Now, I couldn't see straight by the time I did this one, let alone write straight, hence the wonky green writing at the back. I also struggled for things to be thankful for by the time I'd hit number 5. "The internet" was a serious contender at one point but I managed to dredge up a couple of other more traditional things I suppose I really should be grateful for. The writing at the back started out as a pious sermon on the evils of consumerism but ended up a bit of a ramble about how I do deserve to have a dish washer and a big screen tv actually and how shocking it is I don't have these things. It was late, I was pissed and being egged on by a friend who was working on her own Christmas journal and therefore, I suspect in the cold headachy light of day, probably did not have my journal's best interests at heart!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you know, I get a bit over-excited when you post new stuff. I know I'm always guaranteed at least one giggle. And you haven't disppointed today.
So no pressure for tomorrow then ;)
P.S. The writing isn't wonky, it's at a jaunty angle...

Lauren said...

Great layouts! Like the 14th in particular... and i know about fake trees. We had fakes the last two years and I am VERY happy to be back to a real one.

Janice xxxx said...

I have just screeched with laughter so loudly that I have made my little boy very angry with fright so thanks for that....!
I am almost disappointed you have caught up a bit since I have stalled at day 3, and was starting to feel quietly smug you hadn't posted, and now you have ruined it all!!

If your boys possess the personality you seem to have then you must have a house full of laughter, love and attitude - enjoy the festivities!

Janelle said...

Oh, I love your journal! Glad your little cutie is okay, but I'm sure he has put a crimp in your Christmas prep! These things always seem to happen at Christmas, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog! I am decidedly behind too but oh well, I am fairing much better than I have in previous years! LOL

Your entries are all excellent! I love the size and format. They made me really smile, but I hope you and your tree bond soon! :oD